Clay for indoor court
Tennis court surface made of clay, exclusivity of Maton Sports which has been a tennis court specialist for more than 30 years in Belgium, is a sure value. This is the type of Rolland Garros surface approved by the Tennis Federation.
The complex mix of clay develops tennis characteristics such as : flexibility, sliding and ball bounce. The supports are less abrupt than on other court surfaces. All players can develop their sliding techniques and then improve their defensive skills.
Your joints will not be put to the test. Thanks to the unique construction process provided by Maton Sports the watering is limited and this prevents the surface from becoming as hard as a stone. This process offers comfort and longevity to your tennis court. You will save time and money because this type of surface needs few maintenance.
The clay is also very interesting for the referee’s quality decision. In fact, the balls leaves an imprint at their point of impact, even more when the game is fast.
For further technical specificities do not hesitate to download the document in attachments.
Special features Maton Sports
- We are using our own crushing plant
- We have a covered storage warehouse
- Surface material : complex, resorbing clay, flexibility, sliding quality, good ball bounce, few watering. The resorbant layer is placed directly on top of the stone (new or already there).
- Building : resorbant materials : mixture of finely ground clinker and crushed quarry stone, the mixture is without soot and micro-particules removed by washing. Then the mixture is in several successive layer to guarantee the necessary humidity.
- Grain size : Crushed quarry stone 0/5
- Height : +/- 4 to 5 cm above the foundation
- Lines : PVC tensioned lines fixed by special clamps in the court. Maton Sports puts the lines under the correct tension when building the court.
- Few watering and maintenance because the floor is waterproof
- Automatic watering is not needed.
Advice from Maton Sports
- Observe the direction of passage of the drag net. We suggest you to choose a wooden one because it is heavier and more adapted after the game.
Maton Sports is at your disposition for any advice or quote.